APPLY || University of Waikato International
Excellence Scholarship (2022)
APPLY || University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship (2022)
2023/24 Application is currently ongoing for University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship (2022). || Fully funded for international students.
ABOUT || University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship (2022)
The University of Waikato is giving international students the ability to pursue their dreams by providing an International Excellence Scholarship for undergraduate and postgraduate (course taught, research) programs. The International Excellence Scholarship was established by the University of Waikato in 2015 with the goal of promoting education and young talents who are making their first application to an undergraduate degree. Students who have excelled academically and have the potential to represent the University of Waikato internationally will be given an international excellence scholarship of up to NZ$ 10,000.
SUMMARY || University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship (2022)
- Country: New Zealand
- Financial coverage: Partially Funded
- Eligible Regions: Pakistan, USA, Canada, Brazil, Columbia, Mexico, Chile, Ecuador, Germany, UK, France, Norway, China, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Mongolia, Nepal, Maldives, Indonesia, Malaysia, Cambodia, Laos, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Iran, Jordan, Kenya, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mauritius.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA|| University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship (2022)
Here are the eligiblity criteria for the International Excellence scholarship:
- The applicant must be a citizen of one of the countries mentioned above and not belong to New Zealand.
- Applicants must be residing overseas at the time of applying for a scholarship.
- Must not be enrolled in any program or diploma at the University of Waikato.
- The applicant should be applying to enroll for an undergraduate or postgraduate program for the first time at the University of Waikato.
- The study tenure should be a full-time degree program of a minimum of 12 months, at least.
- The applicant shouldn’t have paid the fee at the time of application.
- The applicant must meet the English language requirement of the University of Waikato.
- Applicants must reside in New Zealand after successfully getting the scholarship, and the scholarship holder cannot take more than 50% of the courses online.
- The scholarship is not applicable to exchange program students.
- The applicant must not be coming through a sponsoring body.
- The applicant must have a minimum GPA that’s equivalent to B+.
- English proficiency is required in the form of IELTS or TOEFL score.
BENEFITS || University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship (2022)
Here are the benefits of the International Excellence Scholarship in New Zealand 2022:
- A scholarship up to $20,000 NZD will be awarded to students’ tuition fees directly.
- Study at one of the best educational institutes in New Zealand.
- The scholarship can be terminated at any time due to the following reasons:
- If a student doesn’t concur with study visa conditions.
- Become a domestic student during the period of the scholarship.
- Disobeying the regulations governing the scholarship.
- Disciplinary action against the student.
- After submission of applications, the decision of acceptance will be made within 8-12 weeks, and the applicant will be notified later on.
- The applicants cannot apply for the scholarship if they have been granted scholarships from any other university or educational organization.